Deputy Contract Manager
Nasittuq Corporation provides facilities management contract services to the Canadian Government in support of operations of Canadian Forces Station Alert (CFS Alert), a signals intelligence intercept facility.
Nasittuq is currently seeking a candidate for the position of Senior Facilities Maintenance Contract Manager to work from our contract management office located in Belleville, ON, to remotely direct the Alert, NU operations and the unique requirements of a project operating in a harsh and remote environment. This senior level position holds accountability for the successful delivery of the CFS Alert Commercial Support Contract requirements, ensuring all aspects of the daily operations run effectively and efficiently and to meet contractual and strategic objectives. The successful incumbent will be very hands-on, and will require strong administrative and organizational skills, as well as possess the required technical and strategic competencies.
- Manages the contract and monitors quality of service to ensure service delivery of contractual obligations
- Manages and monitors work in addition to contract requirements through Task Authorizations that may require engineering design, development of work scope, pricing and bid proposals
- Leads the overall activities of the operations, coaching and supporting on-site management in problem-solving
- Interfaces regularly with the contract authority (PWGSC) and client (DND) to ensure requirements and deliverables are being met
- Develops, implements and maintains the operational plan and budget to ensure alignment with corporate strategic plans
- Regularly reviews all audits, procedures and policies to ensure effective implementation, develops and implements improvements with a focus on efficiency
- Ensures the timely delivery and compliance of various annual, monthly and weekly plans, reports and audits, including the development of the Engineering Works Program and the Resource Surge Plan
- Overall accountability to ensure quality, safety and security programs continually meet the requirements of the client
- Ownership and accountability for managing program budget and track costs to ensure program spending is aligned to scope. Closely monitor timelines and financial budgets against approved budget.
- Analyzes risk related data on regular basis and implement corrective measures
- Participates in the development of revenue generation and value engineering opportunities
- Post secondary education in Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management
- Minimum 10 years combined experience in logistical support and directing facilities operations and maintenance services with experience in preventable maintenance, condition-based
- Minimum 10 years experience managing or directing trades, technical and administrative personnel in a unionized environment
- Familiar with all facets of building systems operations and financial tracking for projects over $10M including the development of repair, rehabilitative and new project programs
- Experience in working with Federal legislation or Territorial bodies related to work training and apprenticeship programs in considered an asset
- Experience in projects of similar size, scope and complexity in remote locations is considered an asset
- Strong management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure
- Must be eligible for a Government of Canada SECRET security clearance
- Ability to travel on an as required basis, is a requirement
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in the position, please apply at www.Nasittuq.com/careers.
Nasittuq Corporation thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Our company is committed to employment equity and encourages applications for all qualified groups.
More search results
Director, Canada Strategic Development
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada
Stuart Olson Buildings Group
Industrial Electrician (442A)