Combat Systems Engineer
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent, full-time role (one opening) based in Halifax NS.
This position, specializing in internal and external communications systems integration, will report to the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Naval Information Systems (NavIS), Communications and Networks Lead and be responsible for:
- Evaluate requirements and performance capabilities of internal and external communications systems
- Manage integration of internal and external communications systems into the ship
- Perform compatibility analysis of communications systems with other ship systems
- Perform integration of cyber and physical security in the communications systems
- Co-chair the Communications Integrated Product Team
- Participate in the NavIS Integrated Product Team
- Relevant post-secondary education in science, computer science, technology, engineering or math (engineering preferred)
- 2 to 5 years' of experience in an Engineering/Programmatic environment
- Experience integrating internal and external communications systems
- Experience with shipboard cyber and communications security
- Experience integrating internal and external communications systems with platform and Combat System
- Experience with Naval systems integration and testing
- Experience working with military standards and specifications
Preferred Applicant Experience:
- Relevant post-secondary engineering degree
- Experience working on major Defence contracts
- Experience in the shipbuilding industry (naval preferred)
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Comfort with MS Office suite of software
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
For additional information please contact: Emily Snow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.